Our terms and conditions page sets out the information you need to know about services and our charges.
Who we are:
We are Best Italian Mortgage a brand of Best French Mortgage Ltd, a Euro mortgage brokerage whose registered office is 227A West Street, Fareham, Hampshire, PO16 0HZ, UK.
What we do:
On behalf of your registered French estate agent we act as intermediary between you and a range of European retail banks and International Private banks.
We provide a range of Euro mortgage options from which you can select the option that is best suited to you financial needs.
- We will make no charge for an initial review of the feasibility of getting you a French mortgage.
- If we believe that it is feasible for us to obtain an French mortgage for you, we will notify your estate agent that we are prepared to attempt to arrange a mortgage for you.
- Your estate agent will notify you any success fees you will incur through using their services to obtain a French mortgage. If you agree to these fees they will be itemized on the Compromis de Vente you will sign with them to secure the property. The fees will become due on the drawdown of mortgage funds to enable the Acte de Vente to be signed.
- We may receive a commission from the European banks as payment for preparing and submitting your successful application.
- We will never be influenced by the level of commission offered to us by the European banks in our selection of European bank mortgage offers to submit to you.
- We will always use our best efforts to secure the Euro mortgage offer that is most closely aligned with your financial needs.
- We will not necessarily suggest the Euro mortgage product with the lowest headline rate if we believe that the headline rate is a short-term incentive offered by a European bank to secure your business and which will not be the most effective long-term option for you.
We can refer you to our partners who will provide you with competitive quotes for:
- Foreign Exchange (FX) services
- Property Insurance services
- Mortgage Insurance services (often mortgage life insurance is required by the lending bank as a condition for the granting of a Euro mortgage)
- For other professional services as appropriate
If you request that we refer you to one of our partners you explicitly acknowledge that you give us permission to pass such data to the partner(s) as is necessary to make the referral(s) you have requested.